Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What a difference ... I hope ... 12 years makes

Okay, aside from the fact that it's been 12 years since the first "big birthday screw up", which actually, after 6 years, turned out to be actually okay ... we're trying something a bit different this year.

By "we" I mean "me with the consent of the birthday woman".

Having noticed that there is a rather HUGE pile up of scheduling issues this week, one of which I am obligated to be at tomorrow evening, I figured it would be best to open the festivities of birthday to a more ecumenical approach. Get her some quality time with her girlfriends.

Not a small task.

Not at all a small task.

On my side, I need to get the house ready, which entails sorting and recycling tons of paper stuff ... finding nooks an crannies to hide, err, store things that would work better "elsewhere", and even find inspiration to get some things into the paper storage room ... err, office downstairs.

I have to say, much less organized than 12 years ago ... but, I'm much happier, too.

(Sappy alert)
Some silly study came out a couple of weeks ago that said love peaks after 3 years. Blech. That's if you're looking at life like a race. Jeeze, pace yourself! Slow down around your loved one ... I can say that there are lows, but she's the best thing that's going on right now!

Happy Birthday, chickadee! Have fun with your friends!

1 comment:

Elle said...

You cleaned the house for us? I'm impressed!