Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pile o' poo.

We're pseudo-hippies.

We like our milk organic, our yard natural, and (for the most part) or veggies and other foods to be au natural.

By no means are we perfect (heck, the new labeling laws allow too much stuff into 'organic.')

However, we like sustainable, and sometimes that trumps organic ... at least in our yard.

Right now, in the 80 degree afternoon sun, I have a big huge pile of our fair city's biosolid soil amendment.

How big?

Big.

A generous 5 yard load of it, to be exact.

So what am I doing today, as temperatures are warming up to get into the mid 90s by tomorrow?

I'm shoveling and leveling 5 generous yards of dark biosolids.

Yeah me!

And our garden will so kick your garden's butt this fall and next year.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Yeah, but I'll have to weed the hell out of mine, water it constantly and wonder why. the. heck. the aphids. keep attacking. my plants! Oh wait... what were you saying.