Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm a lying sack ... or geek for $400, please Alex

I lied.

Today I found out that I lied, mislead and all around was horrible to the 9 of you who read this blog.

I lied and I admit it.

I do have a second LP.

I found it today as I went to get the bells LP (which, quite frankly is awesome, can't say it rocks because it's bells. And to say it bells would be dumb.).

And, because of the title of the LP you know I'm a geek.

First off, the sleeve is black and white, and on the very bottom in bold, capital letters it says, "Organist/Director: Robert Schultz". Big giveaway when the featured artist is both the director AND the organist.

There are credits to Concordia Collge, River Forest, Ill. And a list of Minnesota ... Lutheran Churches.

Talk about getting my geek on (damn, this bell LP ... it totally bells), its "The Music of The Holy Communion".

I got it from our church staff, the saw it and immediately thought of me.

I now have an Hi-Fi to play it on. No, take that back, a groovy Hi-Fi to play it upon.

Along this one that totally bells.

Oh, and it totally works.

Take that Capitan Morgan costume friend.

Does anyone have a copy of the Thriller LP?

3 comments:

Trusty Husband said...

Uhhh, wow... that's a lot like admitting you own the 'best of' Lawrence Welk collection. "We're going to polka 'til we puke". Sheesh, and my wife says that I'm a geek...;)

Elle said...

I think my mom might have the thriller LP. If not it's the one with PYT on it.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm going to find some Buddy Holly, and I'm certain that Thriller is out there ... I want to believe.