Saturday, August 25, 2007

Conversations with a 4 11/12ths year-old

We join the conversation ...

"And about 700 days ago Daddy rode in the back of an ambulance," I said, looking at the ambulance.

"Was that during the times of kings and queens?" inquired the 4 11/12ths year old.

"No, there aren't many of them around."

"Daddy, when can we visit the kings and queens?"

"We can't."

"But you said there still were." He obviously recalled a conversation earlier in the week when I told him that dinosaurs were not part of the times of kings and queens, but there were some monarchies with parliaments still around (yes, I use those terms with him).

"Well, there are some, why?"

"I'd like to see their castles."

"Well, there aren't any in the United States, but we could visit England one of these days and see Buckingham palace, that's where a queen lives."

"Do they buck hands there?" He asked.

"No, BuckingHAM palace." I clarified.

"Oh, so, do they buck hams there?"

Oh, I can't wait until we talk about the Declaration of Independence and the largest signature on that one.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I think someone REALLY enjoyed his daddy time today. :)

Lena said...

I think someone should just start saving change in a jar for the kings & queens trip in the future, since there is seven monarchies in Europe and a few monarchies that don't officially rule their countries anymore.