Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday's thing.

Totally excited right now.

Really, totally excited.

It involves cat pee. And a guarantee that will go fulfilled.

Isn't that GREAT!?

Okay, I guess an explanation is in order.

A good, dear, dear friend called me mid day today:

"Papa in Tacoma, I'm in desperate need to ask you a favor."

Because I was on my way to an appointment, and fearful that it might involve watching a child in the very near future, I posed my usual response, "Yes, but it depends on the time, place and scope of favor involved."

"Trusty husband and I are taking a trip tomorrow," said this person "And I've run through our standard cat watchers ... so I need someone to feed my cats for the next 10 days ... probably only twice ... we'll even pay you."

"That I can do ... and you know our house wine is a currency."

"Funny, we're going to California."

That's wine country.

That's cool.

So, I get the message as to the instructions. It includes a special bonus to clean up the cat pee that one of the ancient kitties.

I feel like hitting a box in Mario Brothers and getting an extra life mushroom! But in this case for wiping the box and floor, I get an extra bottle of wine.

That, my friends, if dedication and friendship. The means by which we should judge each other: would they clean up cat pee (or spray) if I gave them a bottle of wine.

I would.

Would you?

2 comments:

Trusty Husband said...

You're the best for taking care of our cats and all their pee-y goodness :) We have began the great trek to find a great bottle (or three) of wine to show our gratitude. Oh, and I would so clean up cat pee for you too.

Unknown said...

Funny, our cat is now a farm cat.

Enjoying the sweet chase and kill of little itty bitty field mice.