Monday, October 29, 2007

I remember: Bonus 2nd post

Success! Slow pumpkin seeds ... really, really slow.

Did the jack-o-lantern thing yesterday.

Cleaned guts from the seeds and soaked them in a brine for 16 hours ... adding salt as time went along until the water was saturated with salt.

Drained and rinsed the seeds, placed them on a cooking sheet.

Set the oven at 250 degrees, and forgot about them until shortly after 1 p.m.

tested a few, not bad, shut the oven off, but left the seeds in 'round 2 pm..

Then, as I started dinner at 4:30 (forgot the seeds were in there) with a preheat of the oven (350 degrees), I smelled them, they then browned to the color sees are supposed to be.

Good eating.

*****************

Last one: it was me being slow, I finally utilized the Sage blog feed reader thing that Elle told me to download months ago.

Frankly, I like it.

2 comments:

Elle said...

That is exactly how I do pumpkin seeds. None of that garlic powder season salt crap for me.

And I so told you so about Sage.

Unknown said...

HA!

Everything is better in a brine.

except for cuts.