Wednesday, October 3, 2007

chickadee is great

I like busses and buses in the morning.

Now, I'm not be redundant. Busses are kisses. It's a simple way to remember the plural of bus. Two "s" is a kiss.

It comes from Middle English as a form of bassen, meaning to kiss. Well, at least that's what Webster says.

Buses are, well, great to not putting wear and tear on the car, help to avoid parking fines, etc.

Today, I had one clingy two-year old, a 6 year old needing to do home work and a 5 year old with a head cold. The last of which makes me incredibly twitchy, as for the past two years when he has this type of cold he ends up in the hospital for a day or two. So I'm keeping him home today so he can recover and not end up with "the asthma" (as he says).

Two year old woke up early today ... 5:30 a.m. early ... and those of you who know chickadee, you know that's early (though she's gotten better this last year of a 'normal' job).

Plus, today is laundry day, and with the sick kiddo that means church night tonight might be called off for our small family.

So chickadee is running out the door, 2 year old crying, my egg is slowly colding on the plate (not cooling, mind you it's just getting COLD), 5 year old is coughing, and I'm trying to write notes to excuse me from tutoring reading today in 6 year old's class. Oh, and I need to straighten the livingroom, take advantage of the sun and clean the back yard of its summer stuff ... and ... and ... yeah, gutters need to be cleaned.

Problem?

Yeah.

Not 3 minutes later, chickadee comes back home. Missed the bus.

THANK GOODNESS.

She cuddled 2 year old and 6 year old got to read homework.

That gave me time to arrange for 6 year old to walk with a neighbor and that made all the difference.

Thank you for missing the bus, chickadee.

Oh, and as a treat for missing the bus she now has faster home internet. Mainly because we need the bandwidth for our phone, ask me about it, if we refer you and us get 2 months for free, which would be nice.

No comments: