Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Risen from the dead: The Revenge

Maybe that title is over the top ... a result of watching too many horror flicks at mom's during the summer.

Maybe it isn't.

I was able to surprisingly resurrect yet another ancient product today.

A few years ago we purchased a used G3 Powerbook, if anything for the programs that were contained therein.

It was pretty cool. But the eventual purchase of a G4 desktop sent this laptop to 'occasional use' heaven.

Honestly, I finished my BA on it. So, it means a little bit to me.

But this little guy lost its ability to hook up to the internet. I though the (geek moment) Ethernet plug was shot, and I have an extra shell lying around just waiting to be used. I think the shell has a usable port that I can switch out.

Well, today said port worked.

Now, in the short 3 or 4 years of not using this computer online, it has dramatically changed its ability to surf.

It is fun, with 192MB of RAM, but not quite the same without the 2 ghz processor.

Oh well, at least we have something that might serve well as a voice mail receiver.

No comments: