Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Morton Salt

It's been since 2005 that I've been on a formal payroll. 2006 was the last year I worked for money.

Dang.

Well, today was one of those days.

I finished my district training to be an emergency substitute teacher. What does that mean? It means I have a degree in a subject, and I passed the background check. Ultimately it means that when they reach the bottom of the substitute barrel, and they scrape a little off, they can then call me.

I suppose there might be exceptions, but that sounds like how it's going to be.

It's $105 a day (not too bad). And a full day means anything beyond 4 hours.

It should be pretty nice.

No sooner do I get home, when potential future employer mentioned a couple of weeks ago let me know that I've been asked to fly to MD at the end of April for a week-long training program.

So, it's shaping up to being a busy spring.

Very busy.

No comments: