Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thankful

I was a bit torn up yesterday.

This person, due to the cycles they go through, has estranged their family ... estranged their community ...

I had to watch a neighbor basically in their final throes of what I hope was a manic moment.

No worries, nothing violent, just so many emotions and events that I am having difficulty processing ... but maybe it is not for me to understand.

Maybe it is just for me to observe and learn.

Learn and understand yet another person in our county could benefit from either universal or single-payer health care. Understand that I am able-bodied and can take the energy to change my position with some work.

In some follow up phone calls, I found a good friend of mine has done all in their power to help this person ...

This morning, after some rest, I am thankful for the family I have and my friends. Community makes us strong and healthy.

No comments: