Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter.

During one of the most stressful weeks of my life: the copious number of events, planning and stresses compounded by a new job beginning and another ending; the Easter message rings through.

Somehow, in this furious series of events and compounding stress, one last thing was added this week.

It could have broken the proverbial camel's back.

But rather than crush; it strengthened me.

Late in the week, I was asked to essentially be a ... to be a, um Godfather.

A Godfather to a friend that I have known since 1996 ... someone who I worked closely with in college, and saw on occasion over the past 10 years.

I accepted the call ... and tonight with chickadee, with love and patience we sponsored our 30-year old nurse friend into our church family. Through baptism.

Wow.

Frankly, I'm speechless ... and we sponsored her husband through his affirmation of faith.

We're proud to serve them as we grow together in faith.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I just saw this, hee hee. I was so delighted and honored that you and the lovely wife were able to stand by me that night!